Wednesday, November 25

crinkle cascade, you are divine

Your order from J.Crew has shipped.

YIPPEE!!! Holiday party season is right around the corner, and you know what pretty little frock I have headed my way? This beauty:

Crinkle cascade dress, J.Crew [x]

I tried it on in the store last weekend, and the BF gave it a big ol' thumbs up. I was worried it would look too twee and cupcake-y, but the tie sash does a surprisingly effective job at reigning those tiers in. It fits TTS, as I took my usual size 4 in it. I'm a short gal, so the dress hit slightly below the knee rather than right above the knee as seen on the model here. My store didn't carry it in the black plum color (pictured), so I ordered it through the red phone. I can't wait for it to arrive! SQUEEEE!!! Gimme gimme nowwwww!

I'm going to hit up Anthropologie this weekend to scope out some other potential holiday party dresses. Thank goodness for J.Crew's 90-day return window. I'm also charged with the duty of picking something stellar for my lives-in-a-t-shirt-and-jeans date. I don't know whether I'm more excited to pick out my dress or his outfit. Finally, my subscriptions to Esquire and GQ may come in handy!

I hope you're all super excited for Thanksgiving tomorrow! I better get turkey. Or else I'll be miffed.

UPDATE: One of my wonderful commenters, sweetsy, brought it to my attention that the Cascade Crinkle Dress is now $178, down from the $250 it was just yesterday! Weirdly, it's not marked as being on sale. It appears that the price just dropped for no reason at all. What's with that, J.Crew? Not cool at all! My suspicion is that J.Crew realized it was too pricey and decided to reduce the price, but didn't mark it as a sale item because of the "extra 20% off sale items" promotion going on right now. Hiiiiiiighly suspect! Needless to say, I called customer service right away and got a nice price adjustment. Thanks, sweetsy! This blogging community is the best, and I'm so happy to be part of it and have such wonderful readers!

18 comments:

  1. oooh I want to get this in light pink if they have it and punk it out with a black blazer and booties

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a pretty dress! Can't wait to see how you style for you holiday party! I'm excited for the one i'm going to too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely, fun dress! I've never used the red phone at JCrew, but I've always wanted to. It looks so official!

    I got to style my "lives-in-a-t-shirt-and-jeans" BF for our engagement shoot last week and it was SO much fun. Dressing boys is *almost as fun as dressing ourselves. :)

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this dress! Cannot wait to see it on you.
    Wait-tell me you got this for $178 as it was on the website for $250 and all of the sudden it's price has changed (not on sale per se). If not, make sure and have them adjust! That's like winning a little..okay..a very, little lottery:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this dress, too! It is perfect for a party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this is a beautiful dress!! I love the way you style things Amy so I know it's going to be fab. You have to take IRL pics when you get it b/c we all need to see!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE this dress- just wish I had more than one event to wear it for or it would totes be mine. That color is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cannot wait to see this dress. Please do an IRL review! I bet it will look great on you! I wish I had somewhere fantastic to wear such a beauty!
    Have a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This dress is such an amazing piece, can't wait to see your IRL pic and what you style with it! Have a happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Heck yeah to the price adjustment...and it's a gorgeous dress! Have a wonderful holiday tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Retailers are super sketchy about sales (hope you got the price adjustment!)... that's a beautiful dress and "black plum" sounds like an amazing color. Looking forward to your IRL photos (perfectly accessorized as always). Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a nice dress! now I want to see you wearing it, in your own style.. :)

    loves

    ReplyDelete
  13. can't wait for you to get the dress! it's so pretty! happy thanksgiving :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I adore this dress! I remember seeing it in the Nov. catalogue, in a champagne color. The plum is gorgous! Big ups for snagging that dress. Congrats! You are going to look so fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thought it was 60 day return policy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. ooh congrats. I saw a girl trying this on a couple weeks ago, and it looked so fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this dress too.

    Except when I tried it on, I looked like a cupcake.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooooh yay! You look cute in everything, so I wanna see this one on you.

    I blogged about it here. I mentioned the price discrepancy as it was $250 on the in-store. It's good they went with the lower price & adjusted everything. Looking forward to your irl pic!!

    ReplyDelete