Friday, May 20

a little bit of monica in my life?

First and foremost, I need to do some shameless self-promotion again – follow me on Twitter and "like" me on Facebook! You can even scope out my reviews on Yelp if you're in the Houston area. I'll give you all a virtual high five if you do, which is just as good as a real high five. And virtual cookies! Though those are regrettably nowhere near as good as real cookies.

For lack of a better segue, here's the OOTD:


striped tank top, j.crew
jacket, diane von furstenberg
charcoal fishnet tights, j.crew
vara pumps, salvatore ferragamo
gold bangle, kate spade
nest ring, etsy
belt, urban outfitters
spoon pin, gift




I put the adorable spoon pin that Tara B. got me on my favorite green jacket. Now I'm thinking that if I can get my hands on a tiny fork pin and a tiny knife pin, I can create a whole flatware set on that pocket flap and in no way does that sound like a bad idea.

Moving down, I don't know if the fishnet tights were overkill in this outfit, but once I put them on, it was time to fight traffic. So on my legs they stayed, for better or worse. I'm sure that if I had an extra 10 minutes, I would have spent it taking them off, putting them back on, taking them off again, putting them back on again…

Now, because I've run out of things to talk about but would like to leave you all with something more to kick off the weekend, here's my first entry for the 30-Day Song Challenge, which I first read about here on Mind Sticker. Enjoy! And join me in the comments with your song pick for today's theme!


Day 1: Your Favorite Song



Ah, okay. I don't know what my favorite song is, so I just picked a song from my favorite band that I happen to like a lot. Because on some days my favorite song is this, or something moodier, or angrier, or sadder, or happier, or dance-ier, or "Mambo Number 5."

12 comments:

  1. Cute, cute! Love the jacket. And the spoon pin is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You put outfits together and inspire me. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Sweet Amy! :)

    You look so cute, and I do love the idea of the midi skirt with that darling striped top.

    I also am intrigued by the 30 day song challenge. Hmm. I fear there would be way too much Rush, Pink Floyd, and freaking Don Henley on my list, so I don't know if I should subject all my lovely lady followers to that. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. song challenge? neat. You look super cute in your chambray and stripes- 2 of my favs Amy K!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're outfit's so sweet! The stripes and the skirt are so cute together!
    And I'm definitely trying out the song challenge, it sounds like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, now how cute is the spoon pin?! I want!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never seen anything like that spoon pin! So unique, and cute! :)
    I love your outfit, I'm starting to really like the light blue jean skirts! Hmm...
    Just found your blog through She Hath Done What She Could! Looks great, and I'll be following you! I'd love if you stopped by and checked out my modest fashion blog as well:
    www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com
    Natasha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah!! I ADORE the spoon pin! That is so cute and quirky :) Your entire outfit is adorable, as are you! My song of the day is Creep by Radiohead... I don't know why, but it's been playing over and over in my head all day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok that pin is darling!!! I love the stripes and cute skirt you look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The spoon pin is too cute! How unique.
    I was checking out that skirt online and just love it on you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the outfit. I was a little surprised that you wore tights, simply because here in the DFW area, it's scorching! Aha, this summer is gonna be a crazy one! Nonetheless, the outfit is wonderful. The spoon pin is so cute! I've never seen a pin like that before. If you can find a fork and a knife pin, please let us know where. :)

    Hmm, I don't think I have a favorite song, but one of my favorites is "After Tonight" by Justin Nozuka. Here is the link to the music video:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgGkJez6pcM

    I like the song that you posted, it's a bit different from what I listen to, but I dig it. Nice guitar riffs! Hope all is well!
    --Ciara
    (P.S.: Yesterday's post inspired me to try out that nail tutorial! I love it!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. tres classic (gosh, you kill me with that DVF blazer every time...)- the skirt is gorgeous with the red stripes, and I die for the spoon pin. If I come across any other mini cutlery...

    The fishnet is a neat, unexpected touch, I think.

    ReplyDelete