I had ordered this skirt a month ago, but my size was backordered so it only got to me last week. I was so happy when it arrived that I didn't even bother ironing it after tearing it out of the box.
striped top, f21
jackie cardigan, j.crew
dorrie skirt, j.crew
glitter flats, steve madden
monocle necklace, gift
gold bangle, kate spade
Now I want this in every single color! Put it on sale, J.Crew.
Thanks to the ever-adorable littlemissfanciepants for picking me, along with 6 other awesome bloggers, for the "Stylish Blogger Award." It's really just a fun excuse to learn more about each other, and I don't mind that one teeny bit, lovely readers.
For example, I learned that fanciepants (can I call you that?) holds regular car concerts during her commutes. And wouldn't you know, I do the same thing! In fact, I thought a lot of people held car concerts, but looking around at other drivers while I'm stuck in traffic, I'm always surprised by the fact that I seem to be the only one wailing to "Bohemian Rhapsody." Huh.
I am to list 7 random things about myself. So here goes:
1. I believe myself to be insufferiably boring and infuriatingly average. That's why I would never want to visit a parallel universe and see the Parallel Universe AmyK, because she would undoubtedly be much, much cooler than I am and I just can't handle that.
2. Whenever I bump into things, I apologize. I must have already said "sorry" to the coffee table no less than 327 times now since I moved into the apartment last year.
my table is australian, evidently
3. I talk to my goldfish all the time. I also talk for him pretty often. For some reason, he sounds like a really paranoid Yogi Bear.
4. I cry whenever I see anything related to whales and dolphins being hurt by human activity. I was watching a documentary about dolphins once and there was a 15-second segment about how they used to get caught in tuna nets. By the time that 15 seconds was over, I was bawling. CANNOT. HANDLE. IT. (and yes, I also cried during Flipper) (multiple times) (come to think of it, maybe that's why whenever I mention watching Flipper, Boyfriend nervously eyes the tissue box)
5. In addition to being a complete cry-baby for aquatic mammals, I'm also a huge pansy when it comes to scary things. I watched The House on Haunted Hill on TV once and couldn't sleep for 4 weeks because I was convinced that my closet was going to eat me.
6. I went through a period in my life where I watched Jurassic Park every single day. I love you, Dr. Alan Grant.
7. When I was little, I used to pronounce "pastel" as "paste-ull." Because nobody bothered to tell me I was WRONG for the longest time.
And here are 7 bloggers I'm passing this along to:
Noelle of Beautygirl24
Pamela of ginger girl
Lisa of respect the shoes
Rosemary of Ro Ro Ro Your Blog
Angela of Notes from the Dressing Room
Anne of My Own Little Spot
Eleanor of Shopping the Closet
Whew! Enjoy, ladies, and I can't wait to learn some "fun facts" about all of you!
And now, Day 3 of the 30 Day Song Challenge --
Day 3: A Song That Makes You Happy
It's impossible to not smile when you hear this song, especially when you see him perform it with a big ol' grin on his face. How about you guys? What song makes you happy?