Tuesday, May 24

orange punch

I had ordered this skirt a month ago, but my size was backordered so it only got to me last week. I was so happy when it arrived that I didn't even bother ironing it after tearing it out of the box.

striped top, f21
jackie cardigan, j.crew
dorrie skirt, j.crew
glitter flats, steve madden
monocle necklace, gift
gold bangle, kate spade
ring, f21


Now I want this in every single color! Put it on sale, J.Crew.

Thanks to the ever-adorable littlemissfanciepants for picking me, along with 6 other awesome bloggers, for the "Stylish Blogger Award." It's really just a fun excuse to learn more about each other, and I don't mind that one teeny bit, lovely readers.

For example, I learned that fanciepants (can I call you that?) holds regular car concerts during her commutes. And wouldn't you know, I do the same thing! In fact, I thought a lot of people held car concerts, but looking around at other drivers while I'm stuck in traffic, I'm always surprised by the fact that I seem to be the only one wailing to "Bohemian Rhapsody." Huh.

Anyhoodle...

I am to list 7 random things about myself. So here goes:

1. I believe myself to be insufferiably boring and infuriatingly average. That's why I would never want to visit a parallel universe and see the Parallel Universe AmyK, because she would undoubtedly be much, much cooler than I am and I just can't handle that.

2. Whenever I bump into things, I apologize. I must have already said "sorry" to the coffee table no less than 327 times now since I moved into the apartment last year.

my table is australian, evidently

3. I talk to my goldfish all the time. I also talk for him pretty often. For some reason, he sounds like a really paranoid Yogi Bear.

4. I cry whenever I see anything related to whales and dolphins being hurt by human activity. I was watching a documentary about dolphins once and there was a 15-second segment about how they used to get caught in tuna nets. By the time that 15 seconds was over, I was bawling. CANNOT. HANDLE. IT. (and yes, I also cried during Flipper) (multiple times) (come to think of it, maybe that's why whenever I mention watching Flipper, Boyfriend nervously eyes the tissue box)

5. In addition to being a complete cry-baby for aquatic mammals, I'm also a huge pansy when it comes to scary things. I watched The House on Haunted Hill on TV once and couldn't sleep for 4 weeks because I was convinced that my closet was going to eat me.

6. I went through a period in my life where I watched Jurassic Park every single day. I love you, Dr. Alan Grant.

also, nice hat.

7. When I was little, I used to pronounce "pastel" as "paste-ull." Because nobody bothered to tell me I was WRONG for the longest time.

And here are 7 bloggers I'm passing this along to:

Noelle of Beautygirl24
Pamela of ginger girl
Rosemary of Ro Ro Ro Your Blog

Whew! Enjoy, ladies, and I can't wait to learn some "fun facts" about all of you!

And now, Day 3 of the 30 Day Song Challenge --

Day 3: A Song That Makes You Happy




It's impossible to not smile when you hear this song, especially when you see him perform it with a big ol' grin on his face. How about you guys? What song makes you happy?

17 comments:

  1. I apologize when I bump into objects, too! (You never know, it might be a person, and I'm not paying attention enough to distinguish.) Cute skirt! I think I remember you reviewing them. So glad you got it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) you look AMAZING in that skirt - it fits you so well! I'm kinda bummed I didn't pick one up now!

    2) I'm also a huge scaredy-cat. You know that Disney movie "Haunted Mansion"? Starring Eddie Murphy? That is based on a kid's ride? Yeah, I was a grown ass adult watching that in college and had to cover my eyes. SO embarassing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. - awesomeness skirt! I love the colour! I totally do not iron things too when I'm that excited to wear them!
    - I loved your random facts! you always make me laugh!
    - I apologize to ppl when I bump into them (apparently it's a Canadian thing according to How I Met Your Mother)
    - have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you sing and talk to your goldfish.
    And it's good to know that your momma taught you manners and you apologize to the furnishings.
    Thank you for the honor and I will try to repay you with some very juicy tidbits about myself!
    Oh, and I love this skirt on you.
    Oh, and why aren't we following each other on Twitter? I'm going to go fix that right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. PSH! people still have time to iron?? hah. super cute skirt as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad those busy little JC elves were busy sewing up more of those pretty dorrie skirts so that we can finally get ours! I love how you paired yours with the stripes and navy.

    Thanks for the tag! And nothing wrong with your Australian coffee table - sometimes my left hand is Mexican and my right hand is Italian. There is a great cultural divide.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute skirt! I love skirts with buttons!
    Jurassic Park is so awesome; I watched it three times in a week once. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. heart the skirt! the color is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL!!! Knowing that you apologize to your coffee table and have a soft spot for aquatic mammals makes you even MORE lovable!!!

    and YAY!! I can't wait to do mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. How could you not rock out when Bohemian Rhapsody is on??

    I love your Dorrie skirt!! I saw that color in the store last week and cursed myself for not getting it. I'll try not to be upset that my nice blue one isn't orange. Maybe I'll show it some love tomorrow.

    Thanks for the pass along! I'll have to come up with some fun facts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this look so adorbs on you Amy!! I love it - yes it must go on sale and you must get every color! I love the coffee table pic! heehee

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the Dorrie skirt! The name alone makes me lust for it ;) The color is really pretty on you.
    Thank you so much for nominating me Amy! I will do this tomorrow!

    Oh, and I sometimes say sorry too when I bump into things! I find myself apologizing all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. mmm...tasty orange-juicy-goodness of a skirt. yummy.

    I apologize not only when I bump into objects (which is frequent- terrible depth perception!) but when my man does too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great skirt!!! The color looks so great on you. I'm with you on the dolphins. Matt had to cover my eyes through half of The Cove because I couldn't stand it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think I found a new skirt crush! Love it and the color combination in your outfit.

    Complex Cardigans

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great skirt Amy - I love the vibrant colour. And it doesn't even look like it needs an iron.
    Haha - your dining table is 100% Australia alright!
    Now a song that makes me happy...Starlight by Muse! Thats the song we walked into for our wedding reception :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for the tag love, dear!

    Aren't you glad those nift JC sewing elves finally made more dorries to ship out? I am in love with the color and the kind of tailored/kind of cas vibe the skirt gives out. Pairing it with navy and stripes is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete