Monday, April 18

beantown bound

I'm leaving for Boston tomorrow! Woooooohoooooooo! I'm kind of excited to get in an airplane again because my experience from flying back and forth multiple times each year for college has taught me that there is no better time to really listen to music than whilst soaring in a steel tube at 35,000 feet in the air.

And guys, I have plenty of music in need of listening to because of upcoming concert dates. Guess who will be on repeat on my ol' mp3 player? Bon Jovi, the BACKSTREET BOYS, and -- hoping to send some good vibes their way so that they'll include a Texas tour date this year -- Soundgarden!

It'll be quiet here on the blog for a few days until I return next week. The weather forecast leaves much to be desired, but what can you do? Like Outkast once said, "You can plan a pretty picnic, but you can't predict the weather."

Today's outfit is inspired by one of my favorite bloggers, Tien of adiaphane. She always puts together such wonderfully romantic outfits, and when I saw her in this effortlessly chic look, I knew I had to mimic it the best I could.

raglan sweater, f21
knit skirt, vintage via etsy
sandals, mia
monocle necklace, gift
gold bangle, kate spade
heart ring, coach
skull ring, ebay
leaf ring, australia



I don't have the gorgeous updo and filmy skirt like Tien's, but I'll take what I can, haha!

And, for those of you who are keeping track, here's a short little weight loss update. I've received some awesome emails from others who are struggling to lose weight, so I hope to show you that it can be done, even if your progress is slow.

Here's a little visual guide that I put together. I initially had 35 pounds to lose altogether in order to get back into a healthy weight range:


Now, I've lost 8 pounds after 2 months! Woohoo! That's an entire dumbbell eliminated!


I just have a few more dumbbells to go. Let me tell you, picking up the 35 pounds worth of free weights really put into perspective just how much I had gained. Yeesh! So don't give up on losing weight, even if you falter -- trust me, I've messed up in dieting and exercising a few times already, but I'm still sticking to this and seeing it through. Come July, I'll be fit again!

18 comments:

  1. Enjoy your time in Boston, Amy - it is a super-fun town! And our fave TV foodie/grump, Mr. Bourdain, is doing Boston on his show tonight - he knew you were on your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun in Boston! I've only been there once but it's on my list of places to return. I love the atmosphere there.

    Ack! You're going to the BSB/NKOTB concert?! I wanted to go when they are in Chicago, but I have the Kenny Chesney concert the weekend before and couldn't afford two out of town concert excursions back to back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so dreamy ^___^ Have a blast in Boston!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun in Boston! I've never been, but I'm sure you will have a wonderful time. Also, congrats on the eight pounds! That's such a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that skirt! I hope you have a fabulous trip!

    Congrats on the weight loss. I like your visual aids!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a great time in Boston!! I hope the weather isn't too blah (as it can be this time of year).

    Congrats on the weight loss!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the weight loss that's great!!! Have fun on your vacation! You look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job on the weight loss - you look fantastic, as always. I love the pleated skirt - so fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE that visual with the weights! I can barely do a set of bicep curls with an eight-pounder! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Backstreet boys? Ohh.. Brings back memories when i was still in high school! I heard bon jovis living on a prayer this morning and cant get it out of my head. Love your tine inspired outfit. It looks so effortless. Have fun in Boston!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have a great trip!!! Enjoy all that music!! =) And that is awesome that you have lost 8 lbs...something to bevery proud of! When you put it into perspective by dumbells it's fun to see one get removed! =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Air trip! How fun. I hope you have a blast. I saw this outfit on Tien and absolutely love it. You did a fantastic job re-creating it. You look great Amy, I'm so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. hahah- I love the visualization. very convincing! The skirt is perfect for that cozy, classic look. nice.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look so adorable! And Tien is such an inspiration. I love your interpretation of her outfit. Have fun in Boston!

    Complex Cardigans

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm sure you're going to visit your old haunts, but let me know if you need a restaurant idea/suggestion... I've been up here for the past 6 years and loooove Boston! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. aaah, congrats on losing a dumbbell! and have fuuun! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. awesome! i was wondering if you could share some tips on your weight loss process.
    Keep up the good work! :)

    ReplyDelete