Thursday, May 5

vara's day out

I was looking over pictures of the lovely (and questionable) gowns from Monday's Met Gala -- because sometimes I like to admire the outfits and pretend that someday I can get one of them fancy gowns for my own. I'd teeter around the apartment in 8-inch platforms like a pro, with my long be-feathered-and-bedazzled gown swishing about while I call upon Boyfriend dahhhhhling to do my bidding. But that's neither here nor there.

The point is that while mulling over the fancy frocks on display at the Met Gala, I found myself sincerely surprised by how passionate some people are about their hatred of certain celebrities. I mean, I don't know why I was so surprised, but there you have it. I was surprised anew.

Reading some of these comments, you'd think that the celebrity in question personally went over to the commenter's house, smashed all of their windows, shredded their sheets, shaved their dog, carved '[CELEBRITY] WUZ HERE' into the side of their car, and then snuck them a laxative hidden inside a delicious boysenberry pie. What I'm trying to say is, a surprising amount of people don't really understand what is and isn't worth getting all raged up about.

And all of that has absolutely nothing to do with my OOTD:

chambray shirt, gap
jenna's cardigan, j.crew
skirt, anthropologie
tights, xhilaration
vara pumps, salvatore ferragamo
woven belt, mom's
skull ring, ebay
bangle, kate spade




This was the first day wearing my new Vara pumps out and about, and I couldn't be more pleased!

10 comments:

  1. That skirt is so cute!! I hope someday to see you on the red carpet for your fashion blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely LOVE the Varas on you! I thought they were cute but not for me, but I totally see the appeal now - adorable and so classic! Happy belated birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, I love the skirt and you look so cute in your new shoes.

    Normally, I don't take the time to get worked up about most celebrities. However, there is this one model who models for a few websites I frequent and everytime I see her I instantly turn up my nose. I have no idea why I have this intense dislike for her (actually, I do. I think her modeling and facial expressions suck). I have never had such intense feelings for someone I've never met. It's crazy to me and I don't get it, but I can't help it.

    So all of that is to say, sometimes there's just something that rubs you the wrong way, but I definitely don't take it to the extreme and complain and hate on whomever all the time. It's so not worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always look so fantastic in that skirt, I think it is such a great length for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh I love that full skirt. I need one for summer! And the shoes look wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh la la! I am just drooling over those shoes!

    I agree about people getting fired up about celebrities. It's one thing to have an opinion, but man, some people get downright ruthless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love the chambray shirt with this skirt- such lovely blues and texture play. I have the shirt too- it doesn't fit me very well, but I love the fabric and the details...

    Yer shoes are fabulous- the little heel and toe details...yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can name a few celebrities that I don't particular "like" (one starts with "J" is plastic from head to toe), but am not passionate about hating them as such. Just when I see them in magazines, I'd be thinking "oh, here we go again!".
    You look terrific Amy! Those shoes are SO worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you mixed the black, brown, and chambray! Many years ago I had a friend who worked at the Met so I got to go with her and a few others – what a fun time! We got to walk by a few celebrities, but they were in a special VIP area separate from the commoners. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love this outfit! this skirt is one of my favorites and i'm still kicking myself that i passed it up. it looks great with the chambray shirt. i'm so glad to see the jenna cardigan IRL. it looks great on you! oh, and the shoes are fabulous ~ love!!

    ReplyDelete