Monday, January 30

the spot-spot-stud

Hello, folks. I hope all of your weekends were swell, but not so swell that you miss it to the point of insanity, where the thought of going through an entire 5 days before reaching the next weekend makes you all twitchy and stabby. Whoa there, buddy. We can get through this. Put down the Bic pen.

I spent the weekend with friends, sushi, and coffee. Honestly, I don't know why I don't go out more often and explore this town I live in. I mean, I've only been in Houston for more than two decades. Is anyone else guilty of this? Living in a place and never really getting around to experiencing all it has to offer?

0130full1
dress, cotton on
cardigan, j.crew
tights, xhilaration (target) + modcloth
booties, seychelles
belt, j.crew


0130full2

0130close3

0130close2

0130close1


So, if you currently live in / will visit Houston:

Have sushi at Hikari.

0130extra1

0130extra2

Get coffee at Antidote.

Do it. Do it for the city.

8 comments:

  1. im from houston and im visiting again this weekend. antidote is very high on my list of places to go to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute outfit! Always fun to explore your own city :) Admittedly, I only lived in Milwaukee for a little over a year, but I feel like there are SO many more places to see. Have never lived in Chicago---just suburbs---so definitely feel that way about the windy city.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are too cute Amy! I'm sitting in bed with my fiance and he loved the first part of your post today :) Ya know, what with the Bic pen reference and all. Is it Friday yet?! We will get through this together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word, could you possibly be any more adorable? That dress is super cute on you!

    I'm the same way, I've live in Orlando for a LONG time and I know most of the touristy places, but not many of the less well-known ones. Apparently my friends and I are simply not adventurous. I guess it's difficult to be when you have preschoolers in tow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always say I need to be a tourist in my own town. Don't you love finding someplace and thinking, "how long has THIS been here?" only to find out, like forever!!!

    Such a cute dress. Love the polka dots.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1) I love your outfit. 2) I visit houston a lot to see my in-laws, but we never tend to actually visit spots there, just stay inside their house or our standard fave restaurants. i would love to change that sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Antidote is one of my favorites!:)

    ReplyDelete